By Dr. Andrew Smith, published: August, 2009
- Stay out of the sun as much as possible. UV Rays wrinkle and age your skin. If you are outside, make sure to use sunblock, even on cloudy days.
- Drink lots of water, it’s the best, most natural way to keep your skin looking clear, hydrated, and healthy.
- Go for a brisk, 10-minute walk everyday. This will up your blood circulation, bringing a youthful, flushed look to your cheeks.
- Give your skin a young glow by gently exfoliating regularly. Watch out for harsh exfoliators that might irritate your skin.
- Wear light lipsticks and glosses. Dark lipstick can draw attention to the lines around your mouth.
- Eat less sugar. Sugary foods will not only make you gain weight, but also age your skin.
- Get at least seven hours of sleep every night. Less can give your face a fatigued look in the morning, and over time, it can actually affect your metabolism and hormone production.
- Wear sunglasses, not for the style, but because they will prevent you from squinting, which contributes to crow’s feet and lines on your forehead.
- Use light-colored eye shadows. This will open up your eyes without highlighting wrinkles.
- Wear a white shirt if you are tired or feel flat. Light colored clothing will act as light reflectors, and brighten up your face.
Dr. Smith looks forward to meeting with you and helping you decide about your facial plastic surgery options. Request a complimentary surgical consultation online or give us a call at (949) 653-7000 to set up your appointment.